HUNDREDS of passengers were put to inconvenience as eight flights were cancelled and another eight delayed for 30 minutes to three-and-a-half hours after the crash of a Haryana government plane, with Governor on board, at the Chandigarh airport on Thursday.
The crash, in which there was no casualty, occurred soon after the plane took off at 11.45 am. All flights scheduled later were affected as the runway had to be closed for two hours.
Six flights to Delhi and one each to Mumbai and Jaipur were cancelled. Among those affected were a family which had to attend a wedding in the evening in Delhi, students who were going home to Mumbai, businessmen who had to attend urgent meetings, and tourist groups who were going to Goa.
Many passengers said they had not received any intimation from the airlines about the cancellations before they left home. They were seen enquiring at the counters about alternative flights. For the cancelled flights, the tickets were rescheduled for the same timings for the next day, unless the passengers wanted a refund.
The cancelled flights included S2 JetKonnect 2652 from Chandigarh to Delhi, 9W Jet Airways 2652 from Chandigarh to Delhi, Go Air 384 from Chandigarh to Mumbai, 2G Spice Jet 2116 from Chandigarh to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) 9W2516 from Chandigarh to Jaipur, Jet Airways (India) 7076; Jet Konnect 3652; Jet Konnect 4235 and Spice Jet 2116 (from Chandigarh to Delhi).
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
AI Air India 863 from Chandigarh to Delhi was delayed by 90 minutes, 6E Indigo 264 from Chandigarh to Mumbai was delayed by one hour, 9W Jet Airways (India) 467 from Chandigarh to Delhi was delayed by three hours and 45 minutes, S2 Jet Konnect 5082 from Chandigarh to Mumbai and S2 JetKonnect 2658 from Chandigarh to Delhi; 9W Jet Airways (India) 2658 from Chandigarh to Delhi; S2 JetKonnect 3658 were delayed by 30 minutes while 6E Indigo 463 from Chandigarh to Mumbai was delayed by 25 minutes.