HUNDREDS of passengers were put to inconvenience as eight flights were cancelled and another eight delayed for 30 minutes to three-and-a-half hours after the crash of a Haryana government plane, with Governor on board, at the Chandigarh airport on Thursday.
The crash, in which there was no casualty, occurred soon after the plane took off at 11.45 am. All flights scheduled later were affected as the runway had to be closed for two hours.
Six flights to Delhi and one each to Mumbai and Jaipur were cancelled. Among those affected were a family which had to attend a wedding in the evening in Delhi, students who were going home to Mumbai, businessmen who had to attend urgent meetings, and tourist groups who were going to Goa.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Many passengers said they had not received any intimation from the airlines about the cancellations before they left home. They were seen enquiring at the counters about alternative flights. For the cancelled flights, the tickets were rescheduled for the same timings for the next day, unless the passengers wanted a refund.
The cancelled flights included S2 JetKonnect 2652 from Chandigarh to Delhi, 9W Jet Airways 2652 from Chandigarh to Delhi, Go Air 384 from Chandigarh to Mumbai, 2G Spice Jet 2116 from Chandigarh to Delhi, Jet Airways (India) 9W2516 from Chandigarh to Jaipur, Jet Airways (India) 7076; Jet Konnect 3652; Jet Konnect 4235 and Spice Jet 2116 (from Chandigarh to Delhi).
AI Air India 863 from Chandigarh to Delhi was delayed by 90 minutes, 6E Indigo 264 from Chandigarh to Mumbai was delayed by one hour, 9W Jet Airways (India) 467 from Chandigarh to Delhi was delayed by three hours and 45 minutes, S2 Jet Konnect 5082 from Chandigarh to Mumbai and S2 JetKonnect 2658 from Chandigarh to Delhi; 9W Jet Airways (India) 2658 from Chandigarh to Delhi; S2 JetKonnect 3658 were delayed by 30 minutes while 6E Indigo 463 from Chandigarh to Mumbai was delayed by 25 minutes.