As many as seven departments and centres on the north campus of Panjab University will be relocated to the newly constructed buildings on the south campus in Sector 25 in the new academic session, beginning in July.
The departments which will be relocated from Sector 14 campus include Department of Microbiology, Biophysics, Biochemistry and Centre for Nuclear Medicine, which are situated in the Basic Medical Sciences (BMS) Block. Along with them, Department of Biotechnology, situated in Computer Centre building, Centre for Nano Science and Nanotechnology in Physics block, and Centre for Public Health (UIEAST) will also be shifted.
“The construction of the buildings is on the verge of completion, and all these departments have been formally allocated the space. They have been asked to function from the south campus in the next academic session,” said chief executive engineer, R K Rai.
The south campus of the varsity in Sector 25 currently houses three main departments, namely University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Dr Harvansh Singh Judge Institute of Dental Sciences and Hospital, and University Institute of Hotel Management and Tourism (UIHMT). It has one boys’ hostel and two girls’ hostels, along with an international students’ hostel, which is under construction.
“We are quite eager to shift to the south campus, but the whole task of shifting a science department requires time. We have already earmarked places to keep the scientific instruments, and we hope to shift in the next few months,” said Professor Ashwini Koul, chairperson, Department of Biophysics, while talking to Newsline.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
As all the departments located on the BMS block will vacate the building in another two months, other departments which have been reeling under space crunch will be given space in the BMS block. This primarily includes University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (UIPS), the UGC Centre of Excellence in Applications of Nano-science, Nanotechnology and Nano-composites, Institute of Forensic Science and UGC Centre of Excellence in Applications of Nano-science, Nanotechnology and Nano-composites and Institute of Forensic Science and Criminology.