A retired bank employee on a morning walk was fatally injured when a car, driven at a high speed, suffered a tyre puncture, swung off the road and hit him near the Sector 16-17 traffic lights early on Friday morning.
Om Prakash, a resident of Sector 22, was rushed to PGI by the police, but could not be saved. Car driver Shruti was arrested for rash driving and endangering life, and the charge of causing death due to negligence was added after Prakash’s death, but she got bail.
A resident of Sector 44, Shruti told the police that she was rushing to PGI, where her father was admitted, around 5.30 am when the front left tyre of her Maruti 800 car got punctured, she lost control of the vehicle, and it rammed into a pedestrian who was walking towards Rose Garden. The pedestrian fell on the car’s windscreen and it broke from the impact.
A PCR vehicle near by rushed to the spot, and informed the control room. Prakash was taken to PGI and was admitted there as an unidentified person since he did not have any identification proof on him.
His brother-in-law Joginder Singh said when Prakash did not return home until 7 am, they went looking for him at Rose Garden. “We asked many persons in the garden but no one knew about him. Then we asked a PCR van near the garden, they told us that there had been an accident and a man was taken to PGI,” Singh said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
At PGI, Singh saw Prakash lying on a stretcher. “Doctors had given him first aid. After we identified him, his X-ray and CT scan was conducted. He had suffered a head injury and was declared dead at noon,” said Singh. A native of Himachal Pradesh, Prakash, 67, had retired from a branch of UCO Bank in Amritsar. He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son, Pradeep Rajput, who is an advocate in the Punjab and Haryana High Court.