After the first counselling for admission to Class XI in government schools, 60% seats are still vacant, especially in the schools in periphery areas.
While, most of the seats in commerce and science stream have already been filled in top five government schools including Government Model Senior Secondary School, Manimajra, government model senior secondary school, Sector 16, 35, 19 and 37, seats in arts are still vacant.
Officials said that of 12,925 seats available in all the government schools, 40 per cent seats have been filled till date, while the rest of the seats will be filled through, two other counselling sessions scheduled for July 16 and August 13. Meanwhile, the general category seats for vocational courses are also filled in most schools and few seats are left for the reserved category under the same course.
In the Arts streams maximum number of seats are lying vacant. There are 6,000 seats in humanities stream, while 2,000 in the vocational courses, 3,025 in science and 1,900 in commerce stream.
The UT Education department will be conducting a second counselling for all students, who did not get admission in the first counselling. The second counselling will begin from Wednesday, July 16. The list will be displayed on July 24 and the students will be asked to deposit the fees on July 25 and 26.
While, those who will not get admission in the second counselling also, third counselling will be held for them, on August 13 and August 14, after which the students will have to deposit the fees by August 25, in the allotted schools.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Students who have already got the admission but want to change their school or stream can fill up their forms, available at six designated centres including Government school, Sector 10, 20, 28, 37, 46 and Manimajra. The forms will be submitted during the second counselling. Students can still apply for the fresh admission to the government school by filling up a registration form.