After the first counselling for admission to Class XI in government schools, 60% seats are still vacant, especially in the schools in periphery areas.
While, most of the seats in commerce and science stream have already been filled in top five government schools including Government Model Senior Secondary School, Manimajra, government model senior secondary school, Sector 16, 35, 19 and 37, seats in arts are still vacant.
Officials said that of 12,925 seats available in all the government schools, 40 per cent seats have been filled till date, while the rest of the seats will be filled through, two other counselling sessions scheduled for July 16 and August 13. Meanwhile, the general category seats for vocational courses are also filled in most schools and few seats are left for the reserved category under the same course.
In the Arts streams maximum number of seats are lying vacant. There are 6,000 seats in humanities stream, while 2,000 in the vocational courses, 3,025 in science and 1,900 in commerce stream.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The UT Education department will be conducting a second counselling for all students, who did not get admission in the first counselling. The second counselling will begin from Wednesday, July 16. The list will be displayed on July 24 and the students will be asked to deposit the fees on July 25 and 26.
While, those who will not get admission in the second counselling also, third counselling will be held for them, on August 13 and August 14, after which the students will have to deposit the fees by August 25, in the allotted schools.
Students who have already got the admission but want to change their school or stream can fill up their forms, available at six designated centres including Government school, Sector 10, 20, 28, 37, 46 and Manimajra. The forms will be submitted during the second counselling. Students can still apply for the fresh admission to the government school by filling up a registration form.