More than 100 national level cyclists will take part in the National Pro Race during the fifth edition of Chandigarh Cyclothon to be held in the city at 6 am on November 27. and the National Pro Race will be of 60 kms and will be authorised by the Cycling Federation of India.
“More than 100 national-level cyclists will take part in the 60 kms race and the event is happening under the supervision of the Cycling Federation of India. The professional cyclists will confirm their participation in the event in the coming week and the cyclists attending the camps are also expected to take part in the race. Since this is the fifth edition of the event, this will have a prize money of Rs 2.5 lakh in various categories for the professional race,” shared Yadvinder Singh, one of the official organisers of the event.
Apart from the professional race, the Chandigarh Cyclothon will also see amateur cycle races and a 20-km race will be open for all the amateur cyclists. In the non-competitive section, a 4-km school ride for school children in the age group of 7-17 years apart from Fun Ride of 8-km will be organised along with 4-km senior citizen ride.
The event is also seeing the introduction of “Proud to be a girl ride” of 4-km for women (20 years and above).
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
There will be cash prizes of Rs 50,000 for amateur riders. “We have seen Chandigarh host such events and this time we have introduced the ride for girls. It will aim to give a message of women empowerment to the society and we expect more and more women riders. The charges for the government school students will be Rs 150 and Rs 300 for private school students.
The charges for corporate ride is Rs 500 per person and the riders can collect their tickets and goods during the expo at Sukhna Lake on November 25 and 26. The last date for entries is November 22 and entries can be done at http://www.chandigarhcyclothon.com ,” said Harisha Ahuja, another organiser.
The organisers will also have information and registration kiosks at Sukhna Lake, Tourist Information Centre, Sector 17, Leisure Valley, Sector 10, Citco restaurant, Sector 34 and Student Centre, Panjab University.
“We are encouraging cycling and Chandigarh Administration and Chandigarh Tourism department will support the event. We expect more and more people to come for the ride and make Chandigarh famous for cycling. VP Singh Badnore, Chandigarh Administrator and Punjab Governor will be the chief guest for the event,” said Mandeep Kumar, Section Officer, Chandigarh Tourism.