The man who allegedly killed his sons and then committed suicide on Saturday night did so by first strangling his sons and then consuming poison, according to the post-mortem report. The report ruled out the possibility that the children had been given poison.
The bodies of Gauravdeep Singh, 13, and Harshdeep Singh, 14, were returned to the family for conducting last rites.
Also, the viscera of Jagtar Singh (39), the father, was sent to the Chemical Examiner Laboratory at Kharar for further verification, and his body was handed over to the family. The post-mortem was performed by a board of three doctors at Civil Hospital, Phase 6.
The aggrieved family members of the deceased said that Jagtar’s wife Charanjit Kaur and mother Gurdev Kaur continued to be inconsolable. “There was a wedding scheduled to take place in our family in a few days due to which various extended family members had converged on our village in the last few days. Little did we know that our celebrations would turn into tragedy. Some relatives had flown in from as far as the United States and Italy to attend the wedding,” said Chand Singh, brother-in-law of Jagtar.
The family members and friends of the deceased said that Jagtar had been working on and off as a daily wager at various places but had not been able to find work ever since a road accident led to the fracture of his hip-bone. Thereafter, he had sunk into depression. They said that Jagtar had seven sisters, two of whom had died — one was killed by her in-laws while the other one committed suicide.
“There are multiple factors responsible for a suicide. But yes, it is a possibility that members of a particular family may be genetically predisposed to be afflicted with a mental disorder. If a person is genetically at a higher risk of committing suicide as compared to others, and if an event in his life leads him to fall into hopelessness, then the chances of him committing suicide increase manifold,” said Dr B S Chavan, a professor of psychiatry at GMCH, Sector 32.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016