Sadan Singh, who was arrested by the Chandigarh Police for allegedly raping a 35-year-old mentally challenged woman on Friday, was remanded to judicial custody by a local court on Saturday.
The victim, meanwhile, was sent to Nari Niketan on Friday after a team from the Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) examined her.
The victim’s statement, in the presence of a magistrate, is yet to be recorded. “No magistrate was available today for recording her statements,” said Deputy Superintendent of Police (East), Anjitha Chepyala. She added the medical report did not confirm a penetrative assault.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The victim’s injuries are old according to the doctors. There is no mention of rape in the report,” said the DSP. The victim, a resident of Tamil Nadu, was allegedly raped by 26-year-old Sadan Singh, a resident of Colony Number 4 on Thursday evening at an under-construction building in Phase I, Industrial Area, Chandigarh. The accused was arrested on Friday from Zirakpur.