In yet another example of the deteriorating law-and-order situation in the Tricity, a bloody clash between two groups, armed with swords, in the Mohali district administrative complex left three persons injured on Tuesday.
The two groups had come to the complex to appear before the sub-divisional magistrate a month after they had been put under preventive detention for some time in connection with a dispute due to personal rivalry.
The police registered FIRs lodged by the two groups against each other but nobody was arrested. Three of the injured are in hospital. Both groups are from Kumbra village.
One of the groups included Sukhwinder Singh and his two sons Jatinder Singh and Satinder Singh. The other group included Teji, Sunny, Billa, Pappu and Manpreet. The police said that the two groups had an altercation when they confronted each other in the administrative complex. Soon, they started fighting. Sukhwinder Singh suffered grievous injuries and is admitted to the Civil Hospital in Phase 6.
Sukhwinder and his sons alleged that they were attacked by the other group with swords and other weapons while Sunny and Teji levelled similar allegations against Sukhwinder.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The police soon reached the spot and recorded statements of both groups. Cases were registered against eight persons from both groups for fighting in a public place, voluntarily causing hurt, wrongful restraint, criminal intimidation, and rioting armed with deadly weapons, said SP Harpal Singh Sandhu.