The Chandigarh Police has deputed 2,500 police personnel on security duty for Republic Day celebrations on Sunday. Out of these, nearly 500 traffic police officials will be guarding roads and traffic diversions.
Checking for any suspicious objects was conducted in the city at Inter-State Bus Terminus (ISBT), Sector 17, ISBT-43 and the airport on Saturday. One reserve team each from the military base, bomb disposal squad of police and the reserve team from the respective police stations conducted checking at all the three places.
The police had kept all the major traffic routes under surveillance for the past one week.
Commuters have been advised to avoid certain roads in the city from 7 am till the time the Republic Day celebrations are over. These include the roads in Sector 17, especially in front of the Parade Ground. The route taken by buses coming from Delhi to ISBT-17 will also be changed for Sunday.
The parking area in front of the Sector 22-A market will be open only to the VIPs coming to attend the function at the Parade Ground.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
For the general public, parking area of Sector 22-B, adjacent to Blood Disease Hospital, Sector 23-B, on the rear side of Neelam Cinema, Sector 17, in the parking of Football Stadium and in the Circus Ground, Sector 17 will be open.
After the function is over at the Parade Ground, the road stretch from the roundabout of sectors 5, 6, 7 and 8 up to T-Point near Golf Club and from the T-Point near Punjab Raj Bhawan towards the residence of the UT Advisor should be avoided by the public from 2 pm onwards. Members of Golf Club have been advised to take the road from Shri Guru Gobind Singh College to reach the Golf Club.