After Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Jalandhar (Rural) Harmohan Singh Sandhu resigned recently, there has been speculation that he may contest the 2017 Assembly elections from Chamkaur Sahib assembly segment (reserved) in Roopnagar district of Punjab on SAD ticket. Sandhu is now serving a three-month notice period till December 31.
Sandhu, however, denied that he was planning to contest polls. SSP Kapurthala Rajinder Singh has been given the charge of SSP Jalandhar (Rural).
Sandhu is the son of former SAD minister Bibi Satwant Kaur Sandhu, who won from the same seat for four times since 1977. But she lost to Congress candidate Charanjit Singh Channi, who is CLP leader now, in 2007. Sandhu’s sister in-law, Jagmit Kaur Sandhu, was given ticket in 2012 against Channi, but she also lost to him. Jagmit Kaur was recently appointed RTS Commissioner.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls