The UT Police on Tuesday booked as many as 20 outsiders who had come to the Panjab University campus to join the support campaign led by the Student Organisation of Panjab University (SOPU).
All of them were booked under 107/151 of the CrPC. SHO Malkit Singh said, “These people were accompanying the party leaders who were on the campus to announce their panel. Had they been students of the PU-affiliated colleges, we would have allowed them on the campus but of the 20 people who are caught, some are from Shimla, Gobindgarh, Khanna and Patiala.”
Despite being denied entry to the university, then caught for carrying out a car rally within the campus and then stopped for bringing along outsiders, SOPU still managed to announce their panel at the Students’ Centre.
The SOPU leaders claimed they had taken permission for taking out a car rally from PU gurdwara up to the Students’ Centre till 1 pm but the police said that the party started the rally only after 1.30 pm, which was illegal.
None of the party members was allowed to take their cars beyond the gurdwara, due to which all of them walked up to the Students’ Centre.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Meanwhile, the PU Chief Security Officer ordered the police to check the identity cards of all the students accompanying the leaders. Thus, 20 people were caught without their identity cards.
The SOPU panel announced for the upcoming students’ council election included Amrit Kaleka, student of French Department, as the campus president, Amninder Mann, student of Law department, as the president, and Tarun Pilot, student of Department of Ancient History, as the vice-president.
The party also gave representation to girl students. Rimpy Soni, student of UIAMS, PU, was nominated as vice-president of the south campus while Navjot Kaur, student of Botany Department, was nominated as vice- president of the north campus.