In a bizarre incident, the Chandigarh Police arrested two students who allegedly snatched a Bolero pick-up van of a private company
after the van hit the car of the accused at the dividing road of Sector 7-8 roundabout on Wednesday evening. Three other students are yet to be arrested.
Police officials said that the five students were travelling in their car around 7pm when the Bolero van rammed into their car and tried to escape towards Sector 7. The youngsters the followed the van.
At the roundabout of sectors 7, 8, 18 and 19 at Madhya Marg, the students and occupants of the car entered into a scuffle. Jasneet a student of engineering at Karnataka University, and Manpreet, a student of Civil Engineering at Lovely Professional University (LPU) were arrested. The three others managed to escape in their own car.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The driver of the van, Tarsem Lal, is a resident of Bapu Dham Colony. He alleged that the accused stopped him in the middle of the road and started assaulting him. After that, Jasneet and Manpreet snatched his van and went away.
Following this, Tarsem Lal raised an alarm and a passerby informed the police. Tarsem Lal’s vehicle was intercepted at the Sector 47-48 barrier and the two accused booked under the section of dacoity at the police station in Sector 26. The police officials said that the accused were inebriated.