The police have booked two private Delhi-based firms and three of their employees in connection with the creation of a fake website by renowned athlete Milkha Singh. The accused have been identified as Aatir Khan, Sanjeev Kumar Sharma, and Azfar Azmi; all three of them heads of different divisions of Netgains India Internet Pvt Ltd, an online marketing firm. The police have also booked another Delhi firm – Direct Net Nirman Internet Servict Pvt Ltd.
The police said that the firms were booked after they refused to co-operate with the police. The firms also allegedly tried to delete the data related to the cyber crime, the police said. While Azfar Azmi is the head of operations and sales at Netgains, Aatir Khan heads the search marketing division. Sunil Kumar is the head of technology division.
Recently, the cyber cell of the Chandigarh police had recommended the registration of an FIR against the accused after the legal arm of the firm failed to co-operate with the police after initially promising to do so.
A team of Chandigarh police officials had visited Netgain’s office in Delhi after the company’s name surfaced in March. The police had investigated the exact location of the Internet Protocol (IP) address leading them to the firm.
After the firm’s premises were raided by the police, the legal arm of the company had assured that they were willing to co-operate with the police.
In February, Milkha Singh had lodged a complaint through his advocate at the public window of the Police Headquarters, Sector 9, against unidentified persons who created the fake website ‘milkhasingh.co.in’. As per the complaint, the website was made after a biopic on the renowned athlete was released in 2013.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016