17-year-old consumes poison,dies

A 17-year-old girl died after consuming Celphos (chemically known as Aluminium Phosphide) tablets kept at her home at Kharak Mangoli,Sector 5 on Saturday.

Written by Express News Service | Panchkula | Published: June 17, 2013 1:43 am

A 17-year-old girl died after consuming Celphos (chemically known as Aluminium Phosphide) tablets kept at her home at Kharak Mangoli,Sector 5 on Saturday.

Police said that the 17-year-old,Kusum,consumed the Celphos tablets early in the morning of Saturday and died within minutes.

Kusum’s father who works as a plumber told the police that she complained about a headache and may have eaten Celphos,confusing it with medicines.

“The girl died within five to ten minutes after consumimg the tablets that were kept at the home to kill the insects in the stored wheat grain,” said Mukesh Kumar,SHO of the Sector 5 police station.

Her father,however,denied that Kusum was stressed before consuming pills.

Mukesh Kumar,the SHO of the Sector 5 police station,said that the police have started an investigation under Section 174 Cr PC.

While the body of the girl,Kusum,has been sent for postmortem,police officials said that they will send the viscera of the girl for a medical examination to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) at Madhuban,as part of the investigations in the case.

Preliminary inquiries have pointed out that the death of the girl may have been a case of suicide,but police said that it is looking for the cause.

For all the latest Chandigarh News, download Indian Express App

    Live Cricket Scores & Results