A dinner outing turned into a nightmare for a family when their 16-month-old child suffered a burn after accidentally touching an electric wire, which had been left carelessly exposed, at Sagar Ratna restaurant in Sector 35 on Saturday night.
Luckily for the family, however, the child’s burn injury wasn’t very serious.
Surjit Bhadu, an advocate, said that immediately after the family settled down, he saw the wire hanging near the sofa and told the hotel staff about it, “but no one paid heed’’.
“Fifteen minutes later, my 16-month-old daughter stood up to reach the table and accidentally touched the wire. She suffered a burn injury on her right hand,” Bhadu said.
When he called the police, the hotel staff covered the wire with electrical tape. “The hotel staff was so hostile that they did not offer first aid to my daughter,” alleged Bhadu.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Police officials said that the child was rushed to Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32. She was given treatment, kept under observation for two hours and then discharged.
On Bhadu’s complaint, the police booked restaurant owner Subhash Sethi, his son Nikhil Sethi and staff member Santosh under sections 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) and 337 (endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code. Santosh was arrested, but later released on bail. Subhash Sethi could not be reached despite several phone calls to the restaurant and there was no response to the messages left for him.