At least 141 Punjab government officials, including Health Director, were today found absent from duty during a surprise check at the health and family welfare department directorate of Punjab here on Monday.
The absentee officials have been issued notices and asked to tender reply in a week, an official spokesman said.
The drive was carried out to ensure punctuality of officials.
“A high-level team led by Gurpreet Sapra, Special Secretary (Personnel) inspected the office of Director, Health and Family, Punjab here at 9.10 am,” the spokesman said.
The team inspected office rooms of some senior officers such as Director, Deputy Directors and Administrative branches of the Directorate and found 141 officers absent, he said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The truants included Health Director Karamjit Singh among others.
“Punjab Chief Secretary Sarvesh Kaushal has ordered that Vini Mahajan Principal Secretary, Health and Family Welfare should seek explanation of the absentee officers and officials and take necessary action within seven days.
“In case satisfactory explanations are not received within seven days, the absentee officers shall be
chargesheeted by the competent authorities,” the spokesman said.