A gang of five persons including an auto-rickshaw driver attempted to rob a 30-year-old woman, an employee of a private firm, while she was returning home from work on Friday night, but the young woman thwarted the robbery by using a can of pepper spray.
The woman, a native of Jharkhand, used a pepper spray can she was carrying in her bag to fight back against her attackers. She managed to escape after spraying the eyes of the attackers.
The Byappanahalli police said that the young woman’s troubles unfolded after she took an auto-rickshaw at around 8.30 pm from the BEML cross in East Bangalore to go to Vignan Nagar. The driver of the rickshaw she engaged stopped the vehicle in an isolated place near Byappanahalli on the pretext of answering nature’s call. The driver returned with five men and dragged the young woman from the auto-rickshaw to an isolated place. The attackers snatched her handbag and forcefully removed gold bangles from her hands and a chain from her neck.
The victim after recovering from her initial shock fished out her pepper spray can and countered her attackers. One of the accused was blinded by the retaliation and the victim used the opportunity to flee from the scene with her gold, ATM card, a blank cheque with her signature, and also Rs 20,000 in cash.
The victim managed to return home and narrated the incident to her family members. The family informed the police control room who in turn alerted the Byappanahalli police. The police rushed to the young woman’s house and recorded her statement. A case of dacoity and molestation has been registered based on the complaint lodged by the victim.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We have made efforts to nab the accused persons and based on some clues and we will be successful soon,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (east) N Satheesh Kumar said.