A 30-year-old housemaid-turned-small-time realtor was arrested by police for her alleged involvement in robberies in the city. Latha, a resident of Kothanuru Dinne, got caught in her own web of lies after complaining to police against her four male associates who had helped her rob her friends. She was arrested by Talaghattapura police, who sensed something amiss in her story. Police have since formed a team to nab the men.
Police said Latha approached them on January 25 and filed a complaint against four men who had allegedly robbed gold jewellery from her and her two friends at Tataguni. She told police that she had gone to visit a property near Basappanapalya on behalf of a client. She had taken an autorickshaw and was travelling with her close friends, Rani and Ilemadi. On the way, a group of three men intercepted them at Tataguni around 6.30 pm and robbed them at knife point.
Police, however, found her behaviour to be suspcious while recording her statement. When they verified the call details on her mobile phone, they found she had contacted the “robbers” minutes before the incident. When police took her into custody, she confessed that she had in fact planned the robbery and had sought the help of the four men.
To loot her friends’ jewels, Latha had hatched an elaborate plan. While in the auto, she sent updates about their location to her associates and also wore a fake gold chain to fool her friends. When the men attacked them, Latha acted scared and removed her jewellery, only to have her friends follow suit. The robbers fled the scene with 65 grams of gold jewels.
Latha is now lodged in a women’s remand home. Talaghattapura police are trying to nab the other accused.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More