Following a city court decision to issue an arrest warrant against Karthik Gowda, son of Union Railways Minister Sadananda Gowda, on Wednesday after he repeatedly failed to appear before investigators, city police launched a manhunt for him and said they will nab him soon.
Karthik is wanted in connection with the alleged rape of a model and Kannada actor who had claimed that to have married him in an informal ceremony in July at Mangalore. However, he recently got engaged to another woman. The case is registered at RT Nagar police station. “A team has been constituted to arrest the suspect and a lookout notice has been issued at airports, railway stations and bus stops across the state. We will nab him soon,” a senior police official said.
Karthik Gowda had been served a second notice asking him to appear before police. With the notice expiring on Wednesday, the Additional City Metropolitan Magistrate ordered his arrest.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Meanwhile, city police also filed an objection seeking dismissal of anticipatory bail to Karthik Gowda at the 36th Bangalore Civil Court on Thursday. The court heard the appeal and adjourned the hearing to Friday.