Following a city court decision to issue an arrest warrant against Karthik Gowda, son of Union Railways Minister Sadananda Gowda, on Wednesday after he repeatedly failed to appear before investigators, city police launched a manhunt for him and said they will nab him soon.
Karthik is wanted in connection with the alleged rape of a model and Kannada actor who had claimed that to have married him in an informal ceremony in July at Mangalore. However, he recently got engaged to another woman. The case is registered at RT Nagar police station. “A team has been constituted to arrest the suspect and a lookout notice has been issued at airports, railway stations and bus stops across the state. We will nab him soon,” a senior police official said.
Karthik Gowda had been served a second notice asking him to appear before police. With the notice expiring on Wednesday, the Additional City Metropolitan Magistrate ordered his arrest.
Meanwhile, city police also filed an objection seeking dismissal of anticipatory bail to Karthik Gowda at the 36th Bangalore Civil Court on Thursday. The court heard the appeal and adjourned the hearing to Friday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More