BY SHARON THAMBALA
Prahlad Joshi has the onerous task of emulating the party’s performance from the 2009 Lok Sabha polls in the current elections. After the party’s humiliating loss in the 2013 state Assembly due to severe infighting and corruption, Joshi has managed to gum together warring groups in the party under the guidance of BJP prime minister candidate Narendra Modi and his own mentor H N Ananth Kumar
The return of Bellary leader B Sriramulu to the BJP has not gone down well with the BJP’s national leader Sushma Swaraj. Did you ignore her wishes?
Sushma Swaraj had expressed her reservations about Sriramulu’s inclusion. However, after the recommendation of the BJP state leadership and national leadership, he has been re-inducted into the party.
Sriramulu has said he will not resign his Assembly seat unless promised the Bellary ticket?
I think he will resign and contest from Bellary.
Do you think the Aam Aadmi Party will have any impact on BJP’s chances in Karnataka?
The Aam Aadmi Party may have some effect in Bangalore but not in the rest of the state. Congress created Kejriwal and AAP as Congress cannot face Modi. They cannot face Modi because of corruption. People know the cleanliness and propriety of Congress in public life.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
How many seats will BJP win in Karnataka?
We will win 19 seats.
Nandan Nilekani is confident of defeating five time MP Ananth Kumar in Bangalore South. He is willing to wage a bet on it.
Nandan Nilekani is not willing to tell people that he is contesting from the Congress. He is not using Congress symbols in his photos or campaign material. What did he do for people? He didn’t do anything except that bogus Aadhaar. He set up a business and earned money. He says people want change. Yes, people want change — that change is Modi and BJP.
The BJP has not really been able to make inroads in South India despite winning Karnataka in 2008?
We will make good progress in South India. We are going into the Lok Sabha polls in alliances good local parties in Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu. We will open our account in Kerala this year.
How much did the decision to grant journalist Pratap Simha a party ticket have to do with the fact that he wrote a book on Narendra Modi?
Modi did not recommend a ticket to anyone.