Former BJP President Venkaiah Naidu Tuesday expressed confidence that the BJP would win 66-plus seats out of the total 130 seats in south India (AP-42, KA-28, TN & Pondy-39+1=40, and Kerala-20).
With the elections approaching, the NDA’s grand alliance ‘Maha-Yuti’ is now garnering strength from north to south, he said.
“There are no untouchables in politics but Congress is losing allies like the Trinamool Congress and DMK. Even DMK supremo Karunanidhi has termed Modi as an able administrator and did not rule out a possible alliance with the BJP, which is gearing up for a new post poll – Progressive Democratic Alliance. The DMDK, headed by actor-turned-politician Vijaykanth, and the PMK, headed by Ramdas, have also joined hands with the BJP in Tamil Nadu boosting prospects for the general elections,’’ Naidu said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
In Kerala, the clerics of the Jacobite Syrian and the Malankara Orthodox churches have lauded Narendra Modi openly. In Andhra Pradesh, the BJP is banking on its support for separate statehood for Telangana and its adherence to protecting the interests of Seemandhra to do well, Naidu said.
“I am sure the NDA will come out with unexpected results and cross the magic figure,” he said.