A 23-year-old undertrial prisoner committed suicide on the premises of the Parappana Agrahara Central prison on Sunday evening.
The police have identified the deceased as Vinod, a resident of Adugodi, who was lodged in prison for allegedly preparing to carry out a dacoity.
Police said he was arrested by Adugodi police on May 21 and later produced in court. He was then remanded in judicial custody.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The Parapana Agrahara police said Vinod committed suicide by hanging around 6.45 pm behind the prison kitchen. His fellow inmates found him and took him to the hospital for treatment.
Later, he was shifted to Victoria Hospital for treatment where he died.
Police have registered a case of unnatural death and a further probe is underway.
Meanwhile, as per procedure, a magisterial enquiry will be conducted into the incident. Police said the incident had revealed loopholes in prison security.