A fraudulent on-line job racket offering nurses jobs in the UK has been busted by the cyber crime police in Bangalore with the arrest of five persons including two Nigerians. The accused had cheated a nurse to the tune of Rs 11 lakh by promising her a job at the Ealing Hospital in the United Kingdom.
The accused have been identified as Prince John Chikere (39) and Chinemeze Bede alias Joshua (26), both Nigerian nationals, along with Jennie Vungneiniang (30) wife of Prince John, her friend Lalthlanzo (31) and T Douthanlian Simte (21), all three with origins in North-East India.
Cyber crime police authorities attached to the Karnataka CID police unit said in an official note that a nurse from KGF in Karnataka had filed a complaint with the Cyber Crime Police station on May 5 stating that she had responded to an email job offer for nurses at the Ealing Hospital in the UK and had paid Rs 11 lakh for the job as suggested by the fraudsters.
The nurse had responded to the email job offer at the Ealing hospital in UK by sending her CV and educational certificates. The accused subsequently got in touch with the victim on her telephone and asked her to remit money for anti-terrorism and drug trafficking safety certificates, WHO immunization insurance and skilled immigration permit certificates.
The victim remitted Rs 11,03,500 to different bank accounts as suggested provided by the accused before she realized she had been conned by a gang of fraudsters when she stopped getting responses from the accused.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Police said that main accused Prince John came to India 14 years ago and settled in Bangalore. Another accused Bede came to India and never returned despite the expiry of his visa. Bede who had settled in Bangalore was running the online cheating operation with the help of his associates, police said.