Two people, including a woman, were killed and two injured in separate accidents that occurred near Madiwala since Friday night.
A 65-year-old woman was killed and two other women were seriously injured when a BMTC Volvo bus rammed into a parked Maruti 800 car at Agara junction on Saturday morning around 10.30 am.
The deceased, identified as Seethamma, and the injured, Savithramma and Jayamma, all residents of Chitradurga, were on their way to Hebbal to invite friends and family to a wedding when their car got a puncture and the driver pulled over to get help from a workshop. The three women were seated in the car when a BMTC Volvo bus, on its way to Marathahalli from Banashankari, hit it from the rear.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
All three women were rushed to a nearby private hospital, where Seethamma was declared brought dead. Police said Jayamma and Savithramma are in intensive care and their condition is critical.
Madiwala traffic police have seized the bus and arrested the driver, Krishna. A case has been registered and the body moved to Victoria Hospital.
Police said Savithramma’s daughter was to be married in mid-February and she had come to the city with her relatives to hand out invitations. They had stayed at a relative’s house on Friday night.
In another incident, a 28-year-old manager of a private firm died in a road accident in HSR Layout on Friday night.
A water tanker hit his motorbike and then ran him over. Madiwala traffic police said Simalgaga Rai, a resident of Jakkasandra and a native of Orissa, worked as a manager at a private finance company. He was returning home at around 11 pm on Friday when a speeding water tanker hit the bike from the rear at 14th Cross Road in HSR Layout.
Rai lost control over the bike and fell, and the back wheel of the tanker ran him over. He died instantly.
The driver of the tanker pulled over and fled the scene. Madiwala traffic police have registered a case and seized the water tanker. Efforts are on to nab the accused driver.