Two people, including a woman, were killed and two injured in separate accidents that occurred near Madiwala since Friday night.
A 65-year-old woman was killed and two other women were seriously injured when a BMTC Volvo bus rammed into a parked Maruti 800 car at Agara junction on Saturday morning around 10.30 am.
The deceased, identified as Seethamma, and the injured, Savithramma and Jayamma, all residents of Chitradurga, were on their way to Hebbal to invite friends and family to a wedding when their car got a puncture and the driver pulled over to get help from a workshop. The three women were seated in the car when a BMTC Volvo bus, on its way to Marathahalli from Banashankari, hit it from the rear.
All three women were rushed to a nearby private hospital, where Seethamma was declared brought dead. Police said Jayamma and Savithramma are in intensive care and their condition is critical.
Madiwala traffic police have seized the bus and arrested the driver, Krishna. A case has been registered and the body moved to Victoria Hospital.
Police said Savithramma’s daughter was to be married in mid-February and she had come to the city with her relatives to hand out invitations. They had stayed at a relative’s house on Friday night.
In another incident, a 28-year-old manager of a private firm died in a road accident in HSR Layout on Friday night.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
A water tanker hit his motorbike and then ran him over. Madiwala traffic police said Simalgaga Rai, a resident of Jakkasandra and a native of Orissa, worked as a manager at a private finance company. He was returning home at around 11 pm on Friday when a speeding water tanker hit the bike from the rear at 14th Cross Road in HSR Layout.
Rai lost control over the bike and fell, and the back wheel of the tanker ran him over. He died instantly.
The driver of the tanker pulled over and fled the scene. Madiwala traffic police have registered a case and seized the water tanker. Efforts are on to nab the accused driver.