Two persons including an employee of the state revenue department were arrested by the JC Nagar police in Bangalore for allegedly taunting and molesting a 17-year-old college student who was a volunteer at the Bangalore Wine Festival on Sunday evening.
The two accused persons identified as Surendra, 33, and Kiran, 30, are residents of Dodaballapur on the outskirts of Bangalore. The duo who were visiting the Bangalore Wine Festival at the Jayamahal Palace grounds over the weekend allegedly cornered and assaulted a college student who was working as a volunteer at the festival.
Following the arrest the police classified the two accused men under a rowdy list which is a category reserved for dangerous anti-social elements. The Deputy Commissioner of Police (north) Sandeep Patil said that the JC Nagar police had opened a rowdy sheet against the two accused men. One suspect identified as Ravi remained absconding and efforts are on find him, police said.
The 17-year-old victim was returning from a toilet at the venue of the wine festival around 7 pm on Sunday when she was cornered by the three miscreants. They allegedly tried to drag her and molested her. The victim managed to break free and run away from the scene to join the main venue area. She later filed a police complaint about the incident with the JC Nagar police. The police nabbed the two offenders at the venue with the help of the victim.
Police commissioner MN Reddi said the two men had been categorised as rowdies on the basis of directions issued to the city police to open rowdy sheets against all persons accused in rape or sexual assault cases. Reddi said he had also directed the police to detain habitual sexual offenders under the provisions of the Goonda A
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016