Two persons including an employee of the state revenue department were arrested by the JC Nagar police in Bangalore for allegedly taunting and molesting a 17-year-old college student who was a volunteer at the Bangalore Wine Festival on Sunday evening.
The two accused persons identified as Surendra, 33, and Kiran, 30, are residents of Dodaballapur on the outskirts of Bangalore. The duo who were visiting the Bangalore Wine Festival at the Jayamahal Palace grounds over the weekend allegedly cornered and assaulted a college student who was working as a volunteer at the festival.
Following the arrest the police classified the two accused men under a rowdy list which is a category reserved for dangerous anti-social elements. The Deputy Commissioner of Police (north) Sandeep Patil said that the JC Nagar police had opened a rowdy sheet against the two accused men. One suspect identified as Ravi remained absconding and efforts are on find him, police said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The 17-year-old victim was returning from a toilet at the venue of the wine festival around 7 pm on Sunday when she was cornered by the three miscreants. They allegedly tried to drag her and molested her. The victim managed to break free and run away from the scene to join the main venue area. She later filed a police complaint about the incident with the JC Nagar police. The police nabbed the two offenders at the venue with the help of the victim.
Police commissioner MN Reddi said the two men had been categorised as rowdies on the basis of directions issued to the city police to open rowdy sheets against all persons accused in rape or sexual assault cases. Reddi said he had also directed the police to detain habitual sexual offenders under the provisions of the Goonda A