Three persons including a police constable and a video editor at a local news channel have been arrested by the Central Crime Branch (CCB) police in Bangalore for allegedly blackmailing a doctor at a leading hospital in Central Bangalore after filming his sexual encounter with a junior television actress. The television actress who was a part of the sex and extortion gang, along with a young film actress and another television actress, were reported as absconding. The gang had sought Rs one crore from the doctor after luring him into a honeytrap. The doctor had agreed to pay Rs 10 lakh before informing the police.
The accused persons have been identified as Hemanth Kumar, a video editor at a prominent local news channel, Sunil Kumar a transport in-charge at another prominent local news channel and Mallesh, a police constable attached to the KG Nagar police station. The absconding persons have been identified as film actress Naina, television artiste Sona alias Riya, television artiste Meghana and a gym instructor Raghu. The main accused were caught red handed on Friday morning when they arrived to collect the Rs 10 lakh that the doctor had agreed to pay.
Police said that the gang carried out a sting operation a few days ago on the doctor. The television actress Sona alias Riya was allegedly sent to the doctor on the pretext of a consultation where she allegedly seduced and lured him into a honey trap. The gang later sent the television actress for a rendezvous with the doctor with a hidden camera in her possession. The doctor’s sexual encounter with the actress was filmed on the camera.
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
After obtaining video footage of the doctor in his compromising position with the actress the gang began blackmailing the doctor with a demand for a Rs 1 crore pay off to desist from telecasting the footage on news channels. The doctor paid an initial amount of Rs one lakh and promised to pay Rs nine lakh more on Friday.
The doctor in the meanwhile approached the city police for help and the CCB was called in to probe the matter. The CCB police laid a trap for the culprits and arrested three members of the gang on Friday. Deputy Commissioner of Police (central) BR Ravikanthe Gowda said that a case had been registered in the High Grounds police station.
This is the second case involving the blackmailing of doctors caught in compromising positions on camera. Earlier this week the CCB police had cracked a case where an Ayurvedic doctor was being blackmailed to the tune of Rs 16 lakh by a gang that videographed his homosexual encounters with some gang members.