The Tamil Nadu CB CID police who on Saturday announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh for information leading to the arrest of the perpetrators of the May 1 blasts on the Bangalore-Guwahati Express train at the Chennai Central Station are also likely to question a key accused from the 2008 serial blast in Bangalore.
Sources said the Tamil Nadu CB CID team are keen to question Safaraz Nawaz a former SIMI and Lashkar-e-Taiba linked Kerala man who was brought from Muscat and arrested in Bangalore in 2009 for financing and bringing in LeT support for the July 25, 2008 serial blasts in Bangalore.
Nawaz, who worked at the SIMI office in New Delhi in 2000, is being considered for questioning on account of his knowledge of SIMI linked networks in south India and to see if he knows anything about the possible identities of the perpetrators of the blast.
Nawaz, who has been in prison awaiting trial for the last five years, is accused of establishing contacts with key LeT operatives in the Gulf like Rashid Abdullah alias Wali alias Rehan in the 2007-08 to procure Rs 5 lakh in funds and logistical assistance for a small group of operatives from Kerala to carry out the July 25, 2008 blasts. Nawaz is also alleged to have helped organize the escape of two of the main perpetrators of the Bangalore serial blasts T Nazir and Shafas to Bangladesh in November 2008 before they were arrested by Bangladeshi authorities and handed over to Indian custody in November 2009.
One of the key theories of investigation into the Chennai train blast is based on the kind of explosive device used. The pipe bomb is known to have been widely employed by SIMI linked groups in Kerala.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More