In yet another incident of sexual offence against a minor, a three-year-old girl has been allegedly raped by a neighbour in a village on the outskirts of Bangalore.
The alleged rape occurred on Friday but came to light only on Monday when the child was brought to a prominent hospital in Bangalore for treatment of a heart-related problem.
A doctor who conducted the check-up of the girl, found wounds on her body and informed the parents. The Ramanagaram district police have registered a case against a youth identified as Season Kumar, who is believed to be the nephew of a local political leader.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The parents had earlier reached a compromise with the attacker to hush up the matter, police said. “The parents filed a complaint of a rape on doctor’s advice,” the Superintendent of Police for the Ramanagaram district Anupam Agarwal said. The SP said that the police were verifying if the accused was below the age of 18 or above.
According to the police complaint, the girl was raped on Friday when her husband had gone out to work and she was busy with house work. “The girl’s mother found her daughter crying after her neighbour brought the girl home around 3 pm. The child told her mother that the neighbour had lured her with biscuits and attacked her,” police said.
Following the complaint on Monday, the police registered a case (crime number 376/14) under the section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 4 (Punishment for penetrative sexual assault) and 6 (punishment for aggravated penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act 2012 against Kumar. Police said the accused was absconding.