In yet another incident of sexual offence against a minor, a three-year-old girl has been allegedly raped by a neighbour in a village on the outskirts of Bangalore.
The alleged rape occurred on Friday but came to light only on Monday when the child was brought to a prominent hospital in Bangalore for treatment of a heart-related problem.
A doctor who conducted the check-up of the girl, found wounds on her body and informed the parents. The Ramanagaram district police have registered a case against a youth identified as Season Kumar, who is believed to be the nephew of a local political leader.
The parents had earlier reached a compromise with the attacker to hush up the matter, police said. “The parents filed a complaint of a rape on doctor’s advice,” the Superintendent of Police for the Ramanagaram district Anupam Agarwal said. The SP said that the police were verifying if the accused was below the age of 18 or above.
According to the police complaint, the girl was raped on Friday when her husband had gone out to work and she was busy with house work. “The girl’s mother found her daughter crying after her neighbour brought the girl home around 3 pm. The child told her mother that the neighbour had lured her with biscuits and attacked her,” police said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Following the complaint on Monday, the police registered a case (crime number 376/14) under the section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 4 (Punishment for penetrative sexual assault) and 6 (punishment for aggravated penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act 2012 against Kumar. Police said the accused was absconding.