A 16-year-old juvenile was arrested by the Ramanagaram district police on Tuesday night in connection with the rape of a three-year-old girl. The Talghattapur police had launched a search for the absconding teenager after the child’s mother filed a police complaint about the rape that occurred when the girl’s parents, who are construction workers, were away at work. The accused is a neighbour of the child.
The Ramangaram police said that the accused was a school drop-out and the nephew of a gram panchayat member. The family of the accused persons had earlier attempted to hush up the case by seeking a compromise with the parents of the child.
The alleged rape occurred on Friday but came to light only on Monday when the child was brought to the St John’s Hospital in Bangalore for treatment of a heart condition. A doctor who checked the child at the hospital and found wounds on her body told her parents to file a police case against the child’s attacker.
According to the complaint filed by the mother of the child, “the juvenile who lived in the neighbourhood had lured the child with biscuits. “Following the complaint on Monday, the police registered a case (crime number 376/14) under the section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 4 (Punishment for penetrative sexual assault) and 6 (punishment for aggravated penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act 2012.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016