A 16-year-old juvenile was arrested by the Ramanagaram district police on Tuesday night in connection with the rape of a three-year-old girl. The Talghattapur police had launched a search for the absconding teenager after the child’s mother filed a police complaint about the rape that occurred when the girl’s parents, who are construction workers, were away at work. The accused is a neighbour of the child.
The Ramangaram police said that the accused was a school drop-out and the nephew of a gram panchayat member. The family of the accused persons had earlier attempted to hush up the case by seeking a compromise with the parents of the child.
The alleged rape occurred on Friday but came to light only on Monday when the child was brought to the St John’s Hospital in Bangalore for treatment of a heart condition. A doctor who checked the child at the hospital and found wounds on her body told her parents to file a police case against the child’s attacker.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
According to the complaint filed by the mother of the child, “the juvenile who lived in the neighbourhood had lured the child with biscuits. “Following the complaint on Monday, the police registered a case (crime number 376/14) under the section 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code and sections 4 (Punishment for penetrative sexual assault) and 6 (punishment for aggravated penetrative sexual assault) of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses Act 2012.