A 23-year-old girl was gangraped by five men, including her friend, on Saturday night in KG Halli, East Bangalore. The suspects took her in an autorickshaw to a house and drugged her, police said.
The victim, working as a DTP operator at a private firm, filed a complaint with police on Sunday. The JC Nagar police, who registered a case of gangrape, managed to arrest three suspects, including her friend. Two others are still at large.
Joint Commissioner of Police for law and order (west) S Ravi confirmed that three accused persons have been arrested by the JC Nagar police and investigations are on.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Top police officials of the city remained tight lipped about the incident, confirming only the arrest of the three persons.
Police sources said that the victim came into contact with a person identified as Vicky three days ago and they exchanged phone numbers. On Saturday evening Vicky called her mobile and later she gave him missed call. Then they met in the JC Nagar area and reached a nearby railway track.
Vicky’s four friends were waiting there for them and all of them went to a house, where the crime occurred. The three accused persons identified as Vicky, Deepu and Karthik confessed before the police that they raped the woman after giving her ganja. The victim however did not mention it in her complaint.
She was dropped to her house early in the morning and told her parents about the incident.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (north division) TR Suresh formed a special team, which managed to nab three persons. Two more persons identified as Prabhu and Konga were at large.
Police said that the accused were addicted to drugs and worked in hotels.