A 23-year-old girl was gangraped by five men, including her friend, on Saturday night in KG Halli, East Bangalore. The suspects took her in an autorickshaw to a house and drugged her, police said.
The victim, working as a DTP operator at a private firm, filed a complaint with police on Sunday. The JC Nagar police, who registered a case of gangrape, managed to arrest three suspects, including her friend. Two others are still at large.
Joint Commissioner of Police for law and order (west) S Ravi confirmed that three accused persons have been arrested by the JC Nagar police and investigations are on.
Top police officials of the city remained tight lipped about the incident, confirming only the arrest of the three persons.
Police sources said that the victim came into contact with a person identified as Vicky three days ago and they exchanged phone numbers. On Saturday evening Vicky called her mobile and later she gave him missed call. Then they met in the JC Nagar area and reached a nearby railway track.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
Vicky’s four friends were waiting there for them and all of them went to a house, where the crime occurred. The three accused persons identified as Vicky, Deepu and Karthik confessed before the police that they raped the woman after giving her ganja. The victim however did not mention it in her complaint.
She was dropped to her house early in the morning and told her parents about the incident.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (north division) TR Suresh formed a special team, which managed to nab three persons. Two more persons identified as Prabhu and Konga were at large.
Police said that the accused were addicted to drugs and worked in hotels.