Bangalore city police have launched a manhunt for a Arabic tutor on charges of raping of a six-year old student in a mardrasa at R. T Nagar police limits on Friday evening.
The incident came to light after the girl returned home finishing her class and complained to her parents that the 18-year old tutor, Imtiaz, made her stay back after classes and inappropriately touched her, the police said.
The parents of the victim immediately reached to the madrassa authorities, who along with other community leaders tried to downplay the incident and asked the aggrieved party to amicably solve the matter, but later relenting to the local pressure agreed to lodge a formal complaint on Sunday.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
However when RT Nagar police reached the madrasa they could not find suspect Imtiaz, who is absconding and the police suspect he might have fled to his native town in Bihar.
The city police have alerted local authorities at Bihar about the incident and are in lookout for the suspect.
In another case, a nine-year-old rape victim succumbed to internal injuries and died on Saturday. The police have apprehended an 18-year old neighbour of the girl who confessed to the crime, the suspect stayed in the same building and was very close to the girls family.
According to the city police, the victim was forced to accompany by the Thrishul to buy fruits, but instead he took her to a desolated spot in a play-ground near Chandapura bus stop and raped her.
Meanwhile, the parents who realized that their daughter was missing asked around the neighborhood about their daughter in vain. But later in the evening victims younger sister informed them that she had seen Thrishul accompany her sister, when the family countered Thrishul, he claimed ignorance about the matter. Finally, the family filed a kidnapping case at Hebbagodi police station, the officials taking a cue from the victim’s sister statement questioned Thrishul, who broke down and admitted to raping the victim.
The police found the body of the victim one of the toilets near the scene of crime and suspect that she died due to shock and trauma of violence meeted on her.
Owing to marital discord, a 33 year woman committed suicide by hanging herself in her residence at BHEL Layout in Kenchenahalli on Sunday morning.
The deceased Soumya, 38 was a chartered accountant by profession and married Mukesh, a medical representative. The couple stayed close to the girl’s family in the same building and Mukesh constantly demanded that they move out of the apartment despite Soumya’s reluctance, and they frequently fought over the matter, the police said citing family sources.
On Sunday, when Mukesh who was returning home from a business trip after four days received call from his in-laws that Soumya’s was not answering the phone or the doorbell, to which Mukhesh told them to force open the door and the family discovered the dead body of Soumya.
The Rajarajeshwari Nagar police who have registered a case of unnatural death claim that they have not found any death note from Sowmya.