A 22-yesr-old woman, who was seven months pregnant, was found dead in her rented house in Hesaraghatta on Tuesday morning.
The incident came to light when her tailoring students arrived for their lessons in the morning. Soladevanahalli police said the deceased had been identified as Smitha, a resident of Hesaraghatta and a native of a village near Rajanakunte on the outskirts of the city.
Smitha was found with a rope around her neck with signs of bleeding from the mouth and nose. Police said she was strangulated to death.
The police said Smitha married Madan Kumar, a 26-year-old private company employee, about a year ago despite resistance from both sets of parents over the inter-caste marriage. Police said the victim’s husband had been taken into custody for interrogation.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sandeep Patil said Smitha was providing tailoring lessons to supplement the income of her husband. The couple were living in a rented house in Hesaraghatta despite opposition from their parents, police said.
The husband of the victim has been taken into custody for questioning because Smitha’s parents have alleged that he might be behind the murder, the DCP North said.