A 22-yesr-old woman, who was seven months pregnant, was found dead in her rented house in Hesaraghatta on Tuesday morning.
The incident came to light when her tailoring students arrived for their lessons in the morning. Soladevanahalli police said the deceased had been identified as Smitha, a resident of Hesaraghatta and a native of a village near Rajanakunte on the outskirts of the city.
Smitha was found with a rope around her neck with signs of bleeding from the mouth and nose. Police said she was strangulated to death.
The police said Smitha married Madan Kumar, a 26-year-old private company employee, about a year ago despite resistance from both sets of parents over the inter-caste marriage. Police said the victim’s husband had been taken into custody for interrogation.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sandeep Patil said Smitha was providing tailoring lessons to supplement the income of her husband. The couple were living in a rented house in Hesaraghatta despite opposition from their parents, police said.
The husband of the victim has been taken into custody for questioning because Smitha’s parents have alleged that he might be behind the murder, the DCP North said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest