Two students of a private school allegedly committed suicide by drowning in Sankey Tank at Sadashivanagar Tuesday after they were reportedly chastised by the principal and teachers for playing Holi on the school premises Monday.
Sadashivanagar police said Priyanka of Jayanagar and Sonali Gupta of SJ Palya near Tavarekere were Class X students at Mary Immaculate School, in Lakkasandra Extension near Wilson Garden.
The incident came to light around 1 pm on Tuesday, when the park gardener noticed bags, slippers and other belongings of the girls. Police rushed to the scene and found a suicide note on the spot. The girls alleged that the principal of the school and a teacher were responsible for their extreme step.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
Priyanka’s father Janardhan, who is employed with the fire department, has accused the school authorities of driving the girls to suicide. “My daughter had been harassed by the school for the past three years. On Tuesday morning, the day after Holi, they threatened to deny her the hall ticket for the examination,” Janardhan said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Central) BR Ravikanthe Gowda said police are trying to verify the authenticity of the suicide note and will register a case based on the complaint lodged by the students’ parents.
Sadashivanagar police said they have brought in the two teachers for interrogation.