A 16-year-old missing girl from Bangalore city was allegedly lured and raped by a stranger who promised to help her return to her home in Bangalore after she ran out of money in the Chitradugra town some 200 km from Bangalore.
The stranger allegedly lured the runaway girl to a lodge in Chitradurga and attacked her. Based on details provided by the girl, police in Bangalore arrested a man identified as Prabhakar, a resident of Chitradurga, who lured and assaulted the 16-year-old. Police said the incident came to light after the Yeshwanthapur police in North Bangalore began investigations into the case of the missing pre-university college student.
Police said the girl went missing from Bangalore last week and her parents approached the police to track her down. According to the police the pre-university student had runaway from her home following a misunderstanding with her parents over a relationship. She reached Chitradurga and stayed there for a few days. Soon she ran out of money and was roaming the streets.
Prabhakar offered help and promised to send her to Bangalore after a day. He, however, forced the girl to spend a night at a lodge and allegedly sexually abused her at the lodge before bringing her to Bangalore. After the girl was re-united withe her parents she told her mother that she was raped by the man who helped her return to the city.
The girl’s parents passed the information of the crime to the Yeshwanthapur police who registered a case of rape under provisions of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act and nabbed the accused with the help of the victim. Police laid a trap for the accused by asking the victim to call him to meet her.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sandeep Patil who confirmed the incident said that the entire case will be handed over to the Chitradurga district police for further investigation since the crime occurred in Chitradurga.