A 16-year-old missing girl from Bangalore city was allegedly lured and raped by a stranger who promised to help her return to her home in Bangalore after she ran out of money in the Chitradugra town some 200 km from Bangalore.
The stranger allegedly lured the runaway girl to a lodge in Chitradurga and attacked her. Based on details provided by the girl, police in Bangalore arrested a man identified as Prabhakar, a resident of Chitradurga, who lured and assaulted the 16-year-old. Police said the incident came to light after the Yeshwanthapur police in North Bangalore began investigations into the case of the missing pre-university college student.
Police said the girl went missing from Bangalore last week and her parents approached the police to track her down. According to the police the pre-university student had runaway from her home following a misunderstanding with her parents over a relationship. She reached Chitradurga and stayed there for a few days. Soon she ran out of money and was roaming the streets.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
Prabhakar offered help and promised to send her to Bangalore after a day. He, however, forced the girl to spend a night at a lodge and allegedly sexually abused her at the lodge before bringing her to Bangalore. After the girl was re-united withe her parents she told her mother that she was raped by the man who helped her return to the city.
The girl’s parents passed the information of the crime to the Yeshwanthapur police who registered a case of rape under provisions of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act and nabbed the accused with the help of the victim. Police laid a trap for the accused by asking the victim to call him to meet her.
The Deputy Commissioner of Police (North) Sandeep Patil who confirmed the incident said that the entire case will be handed over to the Chitradurga district police for further investigation since the crime occurred in Chitradurga.