Pro Kannada organizations in Bangalore have called for a bandh in the city on on July 31 to protest against the increasing number of rape cases in the city and cancellation of the extended night life in the city.
Kannada Okkoota, a federation of more than 63 organisations will participate in the bandh. All services and business except hospitals, medical shops, ambulance services, milk supply will be affected between 6 am to till 6 pm on July 31 in the city.
Vatal Nagaraj, head of the federation and president of the Kannada Chalavali Vatal Party said that more than 63 organisations including Karnataka Rakshana Vedike, CPI, Kannada Sene, Dr Rajkumar Abhimanigala Sangha and Advocates Association and other pro Kannada organisations will participate in the bandh. The pro Kannada organisations will a hold protest at the office of Deputy Commissioners (DC) of all districts demanding the safety of women, he said.
Nagaraj claimed that the protest and bandh was not politically motivated. “We will also demand that the state government withdraw the extension of night life in the city. It may help to protect women. Clubs and pubs are not safe for women,” Nagaraj said. Night life had been extended in Bangalore till 1 am from the existing 11.30 pm three months ago.
The federation will also request advocates not to offer legal aid to persons accused in sexual assault cases. “We have requested advocates not to help people get bail if they have been arrested in connection with sexual assault cases,” Nagaraj said. Lawyers will be among those actively participating in the bandh, he said
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
A huge rally will begin around 10 am on July 31 and will progress from the Town Hall to the Chief Minister’s official residence. The protestors will submit a memorandum to the chief minister demanding stringent action against sexual offenders and also cancellation of night life in the city.