A Karnataka State Pollution Control Board (KSPCB) officer was caught red-handed by the Lokayukta police accepting Rs 50,000 in bribe to give clearance certificate to a food joint in the city Tuesday.
Panduranga Rane, Deputy Inspector General of Police, Lokayukta, said the accused, Kumara Swamy, was an environmental officer.
The Lokayukta police said Swamy had demanded Rs 5 lakh to give permission to the south Indian MTR restaurant to open a unit on Bannerghatta Road. He settled for Rs 3 lakh. After officials of the franchisee filed a complaint, the Lokayukta police laid a trap.
The complainant went to the office of the environment officer to pay a part of the bribe — Rs 50,000. The Lokayukta police nabbed Kumara Swamy while he was accepting the bribe Tuesday evening. He was later arrested.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing