Stolen property worth Rs 1.5 crore that was recovered by police following the arrest of notorious gangster Kunigal Giri and his gang members were returned to the victims at a meeting organised at the Bangalore Police Commissioner’s office.
The Giri gang – a band of notorious robbers – carried out a series of muggings and brazen armed robberies in Bangalore for nearly six months before they were netted by police at a hideout in Hindupur in neaighboring Andhra Pradesh a couple of weeks ago.
Following the arrest of Kunigal Giri and 15 of his associates, the city police had recovered 4.5 kgs of gold ornaments, two pistols, cash and vehicles all worth Rs 1.5 crore. The seizures were linked to 57 cases of dacoity and robbery committed by the Giri gang since January this year.
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
The Giri gang began by carrying out muggings before moving on to looting homes in wealthy localities, as well as recreation clubs, resorts, real estate offices and other places. The gang brandished weapons including pistols in their robberies.
A special police team traced the gang and arrested 12 of Giri’s associates in April this year. Giri and his associates Govinda, Srinivasa and Jagadeesh however continued with their robberies undeterred until they were tracked down to a hideout at Hindupur in Andhra Pradesh.