Stolen property worth Rs 1.5 crore that was recovered by police following the arrest of notorious gangster Kunigal Giri and his gang members were returned to the victims at a meeting organised at the Bangalore Police Commissioner’s office.
The Giri gang – a band of notorious robbers – carried out a series of muggings and brazen armed robberies in Bangalore for nearly six months before they were netted by police at a hideout in Hindupur in neaighboring Andhra Pradesh a couple of weeks ago.
Following the arrest of Kunigal Giri and 15 of his associates, the city police had recovered 4.5 kgs of gold ornaments, two pistols, cash and vehicles all worth Rs 1.5 crore. The seizures were linked to 57 cases of dacoity and robbery committed by the Giri gang since January this year.
The Giri gang began by carrying out muggings before moving on to looting homes in wealthy localities, as well as recreation clubs, resorts, real estate offices and other places. The gang brandished weapons including pistols in their robberies.
A special police team traced the gang and arrested 12 of Giri’s associates in April this year. Giri and his associates Govinda, Srinivasa and Jagadeesh however continued with their robberies undeterred until they were tracked down to a hideout at Hindupur in Andhra Pradesh.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016