Following the arrest of an assistant manager at the multinational BPO, Genpact, for the murder of a senior manager of the company Saurabh Rastogi, 35, at Rastogi’s flat last Saturday, the Bangalore police are investigating the complicity of Rastogi’s wife Ankisha in the murder after investigations revealed that the main suspect Reshvin Chengappa, 26, sent a cryptic message to Ankisha Rastogi shortly after killing her husband.
Reshvin Chengappa was arrested by the police on Thursday for the murder of Saurabh Rastogi. The accused has claimed that he was in love with Rastogi’s wife who was also an employee of Genpact until recently and that he killed Rastogi to be with Ankisha. He has claimed that his love for Ankisha was unrequited.
Investigations have however revealed that Reshvin and Ankisha were constantly in touch over their cell phones. Shortly after the murder of Saurabh Rastogi, his colleague was found to have sent a coded message saying ‘WD’ on Whatsapp to Ankisha Rastogi. Police suspect that the message could read as ‘work done’.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Bangalore police commissioner, Raghavendra H. Auradkar, said on Saturday that Ankisha’s involvement in the crime has not been established as yet. “I cannot deny or confirm her role in the case. Further investigations are on in the case”, Auradkar said.
Police sources said that Ankisha and Reshvin were in a relationship for a year. Police are depending on data from the WhatsApp mobile application, especially of the messages exchanged by Reshvin and Ankisha last Saturday and Sunday for further information. Police have found that the accused and Ankisha deleted their conversations after the crime.
“We have come to know that he sent a message to Ankisha on WhatsApp saying “WD” in code. We suspect that it is a code for work done. We hope for clarity about her role once we get logs of the WhatsApp conversation between them”, a police officer said.
The police officer said that the marital relationship between the Rastogi couple was on the rocks and the couple’s parents had intervened a few times to settle disputes between them.
Police commissioner, Auradkar, in a press briefing said that Reshvin was very close to Ankisha and knew the intimate details of the Rastogi household. Reshvin had requested Ankisha to teach him accountancy and used to frequently visit her at home under the pretext of the accountancy tutorials.
Reshvin had learned about Rastogi’s plans to move to the US with his wife and allegedly plotted a murder.
Last Saturday, Reshvin allegedly went to Saurabh’s house at around 8.45 pm with a knife and a toy pistol. First he started a discussion with the victim about renting the Rastogi’s flat and buying their household goods. The discussions later turned into a fight.
“The accused and victim had a physical fight and Reshvin opened the knife he was carrying and slit Saurabh’s throat and stabbed him”, Auradkar said. The police said that after the killing the accused had a bath in the flat and left after taking some jewels from the house in an alleged attempt to create an impression that it was a murder for gain.