The Karnataka excise department on Thursday issued orders to enable bars and pubs in Bangalore to stay open till 1 am on weekends for one more year.
The order was passed after the city police provided an approval for the extended night life following a three month trial phase where no major law and order problems were encountered. The police had earlier this week issued orders enabling all eateries in Bangalore to stay open till 1 am on all days of the week. The extended night life trials began in March.
Prior to March, life shutdown in the city at 11 PM. The Congress government in Karnataka had approved the extension of the 1 am deadline for nightlife in Bangalore city till June 30, 2015 last week in the course of a review meeting chaired by the Chief Secretary of Karnataka Kaushik Mukherji.
The approval for extension of night hours came after the city police had told the government that they could maintain law and order in the city during the extended hours.
The Bangalore city police submitted a report to the state government last week agreeing on a 1 AM deadline for bars, liquor shops and pubs in the city for three days in a week, including Friday and Saturday. The government has however decided to continue with the 1 am deadline for bars and pubs only on Fridays and Saturday.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched