The Karnataka excise department on Thursday issued orders to enable bars and pubs in Bangalore to stay open till 1 am on weekends for one more year.
The order was passed after the city police provided an approval for the extended night life following a three month trial phase where no major law and order problems were encountered. The police had earlier this week issued orders enabling all eateries in Bangalore to stay open till 1 am on all days of the week. The extended night life trials began in March.
Prior to March, life shutdown in the city at 11 PM. The Congress government in Karnataka had approved the extension of the 1 am deadline for nightlife in Bangalore city till June 30, 2015 last week in the course of a review meeting chaired by the Chief Secretary of Karnataka Kaushik Mukherji.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The approval for extension of night hours came after the city police had told the government that they could maintain law and order in the city during the extended hours.
The Bangalore city police submitted a report to the state government last week agreeing on a 1 AM deadline for bars, liquor shops and pubs in the city for three days in a week, including Friday and Saturday. The government has however decided to continue with the 1 am deadline for bars and pubs only on Fridays and Saturday.