Nine notorious dacoits of the Kondapetty gang have been arrested by the Kolar Gold Fields (KGF) police for allegedly robbing a house near Bethamangala. With the arrest, the police have solved 22 cases of dacoity registered at various police stations in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
The accused had been on the run for the last six years, during which the Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu police had tried to nab them several times. Karnataka’s Director General and Inspector General of Police, Lalrokhuma Pachau, awarded the KGF police team with Rs 2 lakh IGP (central range) office in Bangalore on Monday.
The police said the dacoits broke into the house of Gantla Reddy at Bethamangala in Bangarpet and stole gold ornaments weighing 750 grams, silver articles weighing 6 kg and Rs 3.2 lakh in cash on November 29, 2013. The total value of the items was estimated to be Rs 26 lakh.
The KGF police registered a case into the incident and formed three teams to investigate. The investigation revealed that a similar modus operandi was adopted in other cases of dacoity reported from Palamaneru, Vempalli and Hindupura in Andhra Pradesh. Police teams were dispatched to these places and the information they collected led to the arrest of the gang members.
The police arrested five member of the gang — M Devan, 44, M Venkataraman, 53, Mutturaman, 39, Venkatarman, 49 and Krishnan — all residents of Kondapetty in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district. Based on the information they provided, four more dacoits, identified as Raman, Raju, Srinivas and Sampath, were arrested from Chennai.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Stolen property worth Rs 24.5 lakh was recovered from the arrested, who confessed to committing robberies in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, where they hit Bethamangala, Bellary and Mulabagal. They are also named accused in 35 cases in Tamil Nadu.
The gang, whose members belong to an extended family from Kondapetty in Krishnagiri district, committed robberies only during the night. They prepared in advance, discarded phones they used to coordinate the dacoities, and split the spoils equally among themselves.