Nine notorious dacoits of the Kondapetty gang have been arrested by the Kolar Gold Fields (KGF) police for allegedly robbing a house near Bethamangala. With the arrest, the police have solved 22 cases of dacoity registered at various police stations in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
The accused had been on the run for the last six years, during which the Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu police had tried to nab them several times. Karnataka’s Director General and Inspector General of Police, Lalrokhuma Pachau, awarded the KGF police team with Rs 2 lakh IGP (central range) office in Bangalore on Monday.
The police said the dacoits broke into the house of Gantla Reddy at Bethamangala in Bangarpet and stole gold ornaments weighing 750 grams, silver articles weighing 6 kg and Rs 3.2 lakh in cash on November 29, 2013. The total value of the items was estimated to be Rs 26 lakh.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The KGF police registered a case into the incident and formed three teams to investigate. The investigation revealed that a similar modus operandi was adopted in other cases of dacoity reported from Palamaneru, Vempalli and Hindupura in Andhra Pradesh. Police teams were dispatched to these places and the information they collected led to the arrest of the gang members.
The police arrested five member of the gang — M Devan, 44, M Venkataraman, 53, Mutturaman, 39, Venkatarman, 49 and Krishnan — all residents of Kondapetty in Tamil Nadu’s Krishnagiri district. Based on the information they provided, four more dacoits, identified as Raman, Raju, Srinivas and Sampath, were arrested from Chennai.
Stolen property worth Rs 24.5 lakh was recovered from the arrested, who confessed to committing robberies in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, where they hit Bethamangala, Bellary and Mulabagal. They are also named accused in 35 cases in Tamil Nadu.
The gang, whose members belong to an extended family from Kondapetty in Krishnagiri district, committed robberies only during the night. They prepared in advance, discarded phones they used to coordinate the dacoities, and split the spoils equally among themselves.