After hopping three political parties – the Congress, the Samajawadi Party and his own shortlived Janashakti Party- former Bangalore police commissioner and retired director general of police Shankar Bidari joined the Bhartiya Janata Party on Wednesday.
Bidari, a two-time President’s medal winner for gallantry had in January this year launched his own political party Janashakti on the occassion of the 108th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The party fared abysmally in the Lok Sabha elections this year with Bidari also losing badly from the Bagalkot constituency.
Bidari, a member of the single largest community in Karnataka the Lingayats had earlier aspired to be a Congress MLA but moved to the Samajavadi Party (SP) after he did not get a ticket for the May 2013 Assembly polls in the state. He subsequently quit the SP after seeing no future for the party in Karnataka. Bidari has in the past claimed that he had offers from the BJP, BSP, TMC, JDS and JD(U) to join their ranks.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Bidari joined the BJP on Wednesday in the presence of the state BJP president Pralhad Joshi and BJP leader of opposition in the state assembly Jagadish Shettar. Bidari retired from the police service in 2012 after chequered but high profile career where he was decorated for his role in operations to nab members of forest brigand Veerappan’s poacher gang in the forests bordering Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.