After hopping three political parties – the Congress, the Samajawadi Party and his own shortlived Janashakti Party- former Bangalore police commissioner and retired director general of police Shankar Bidari joined the Bhartiya Janata Party on Wednesday.
Bidari, a two-time President’s medal winner for gallantry had in January this year launched his own political party Janashakti on the occassion of the 108th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The party fared abysmally in the Lok Sabha elections this year with Bidari also losing badly from the Bagalkot constituency.
Bidari, a member of the single largest community in Karnataka the Lingayats had earlier aspired to be a Congress MLA but moved to the Samajavadi Party (SP) after he did not get a ticket for the May 2013 Assembly polls in the state. He subsequently quit the SP after seeing no future for the party in Karnataka. Bidari has in the past claimed that he had offers from the BJP, BSP, TMC, JDS and JD(U) to join their ranks.
Bidari joined the BJP on Wednesday in the presence of the state BJP president Pralhad Joshi and BJP leader of opposition in the state assembly Jagadish Shettar. Bidari retired from the police service in 2012 after chequered but high profile career where he was decorated for his role in operations to nab members of forest brigand Veerappan’s poacher gang in the forests bordering Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched