The Congress started its nomination process to select candidates for its primaries in the North Bangalore Lok Sabha segment on Friday. As many as eight candidates entered the fray. But only four nominations have been accepted, one is pending and three have been rejected.
The process started with Narendra Babu N L, former MLA from Mahalaxmi Layout filing his nomination. “I have been a corporator as well as the MLA from the North Bangalore area. I will continue to work in the interest of people,” he told the media before filing his nomination.
It was followed by Aarthi Krishna filing her nomination. But her nomination is still pending acceptance.
Professor from IIM Bangalore M V Rajeev Gowda also arrived early to file his nomination. “I have taken up a lot of civic issues in the city and also worked with the citizens. The process of primaries introduced by Rahul Gandhi is a positive step,” he said.
Other contenders whose nominations are accepted are G C Chandrashekhar, a secretary to the state Congress president, and C Narayana Swamy, a former MP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The candidates whose nominations have been rejected are K C Ramamurthy and Kengal Shreepada Renu – on the grounds that they did not fulfill the criteria. Also, Neeha Shankara Gouda Patil’s candidature was rejected on the grounds that the candidate did not have any proposer.
The candidate the Congress leadership in the state is keen on fielding, agriculture minister Krishna Byre Gowda, did not file his nominations on Friday. The final decision on the candidates will be taken by the Congress CEC.