A nine-year-old visually challenged girl was allegedly raped by unidentified persons in a government residential school for specially challenged children in the Raibag Taluk of Belgaum district in north Karnataka. The incident came to light on Thursday night when the girl’s parents brought their child to the KC General Hospital in Bangalore for treatment.
The parents of the girl were unaware of the sexual attack on their daughter until they were told about it on Thursday by hospital authorities. School authorities in Raibag had told the uneducated, daily wage earning family on Tuesday that their daughter had fallen ill and that she requires treatment. The parents rushed their daughter who was bleeding excessively from Raibag to Bangalore for treatment on Thursday.
They first took the child to a private hospital where they were directed to approach a government hospital. The parents brought the girl to the KC General Hospital on Thursday evening and the doctors who conducted the tests on the girl told the parents that she had been sexually assaulted. She was admitted for treatment in the intensive care unit of the hospital. The girl was not in a position to name her attackers the Deputy Commissioner of Police (North division) TR Suresh said. “The incident occurred in Belgaum district but we have registered a case under the provision of IPC for rape and also under the POCSO Act for crimes against children in Bangalore. We will transfer the case to Belguam for further investigation and to identify the accused,” DCP Suresh said.
The girl had joined the residential school for specially challenged children two months ago. Her parents got a call on August 19 from the school principal stating that their daughter was unwell and asking them to take her home.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More