A nine-year-old visually challenged girl was allegedly raped by unidentified persons in a government residential school for specially challenged children in the Raibag Taluk of Belgaum district in north Karnataka. The incident came to light on Thursday night when the girl’s parents brought their child to the KC General Hospital in Bangalore for treatment.
The parents of the girl were unaware of the sexual attack on their daughter until they were told about it on Thursday by hospital authorities. School authorities in Raibag had told the uneducated, daily wage earning family on Tuesday that their daughter had fallen ill and that she requires treatment. The parents rushed their daughter who was bleeding excessively from Raibag to Bangalore for treatment on Thursday.
They first took the child to a private hospital where they were directed to approach a government hospital. The parents brought the girl to the KC General Hospital on Thursday evening and the doctors who conducted the tests on the girl told the parents that she had been sexually assaulted. She was admitted for treatment in the intensive care unit of the hospital. The girl was not in a position to name her attackers the Deputy Commissioner of Police (North division) TR Suresh said. “The incident occurred in Belgaum district but we have registered a case under the provision of IPC for rape and also under the POCSO Act for crimes against children in Bangalore. We will transfer the case to Belguam for further investigation and to identify the accused,” DCP Suresh said.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The girl had joined the residential school for specially challenged children two months ago. Her parents got a call on August 19 from the school principal stating that their daughter was unwell and asking them to take her home.