Eight out of the nine sitting MPs from the Congress have been chosen once again to contest the Lok Sabha polls in a first list of 14 candidates announced for Karnataka by the AICC on Saturday.
Former Infosys CEO, UIDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani has been chosen for Bangalore South constituency while Congress MLA A Manju has been chosen to battle former PM H D Deve Gowda of JDS at Hassan.
The only seat represented by Congress MPs not included in the first list is Chikaballapur, represented by oil and natural gas minister Veerappa Moily. With the JDS threatening to field its leader H D Kumaraswamy’s wife Anita in the constituency and BJP fielding the formidable B N Bache Gowda, Congress is taking time before finalizing its candidate.
Railway minister Mallikarjun Kharge will contest again from Gulbarga while minister for small industries K H Muniyappa has won the nod again to contest from Kolar. Veteran Congressman Dharam Singh will contest from Bidar while two young first time MPs — actress Ramya and D K Suresh — will contest from Mandya and Bangalore Rural respectively.
Former Karnataka cricketer Prakash Rathod will contest from the Bijapur reserved constituency.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review