Eight out of the nine sitting MPs from the Congress have been chosen once again to contest the Lok Sabha polls in a first list of 14 candidates announced for Karnataka by the AICC on Saturday.
Former Infosys CEO, UIDAI chairman Nandan Nilekani has been chosen for Bangalore South constituency while Congress MLA A Manju has been chosen to battle former PM H D Deve Gowda of JDS at Hassan.
The only seat represented by Congress MPs not included in the first list is Chikaballapur, represented by oil and natural gas minister Veerappa Moily. With the JDS threatening to field its leader H D Kumaraswamy’s wife Anita in the constituency and BJP fielding the formidable B N Bache Gowda, Congress is taking time before finalizing its candidate.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Railway minister Mallikarjun Kharge will contest again from Gulbarga while minister for small industries K H Muniyappa has won the nod again to contest from Kolar. Veteran Congressman Dharam Singh will contest from Bidar while two young first time MPs — actress Ramya and D K Suresh — will contest from Mandya and Bangalore Rural respectively.
Former Karnataka cricketer Prakash Rathod will contest from the Bijapur reserved constituency.