A seven-year-old girl studying in class II in a private school in west Bangalore was raped in the house of her nanny at Kamakshipalya on Friday and the incident was reported to the police on Tuesday night. The 28-year-old son of the nanny has been arrested for the offence, police said.
The mother of the child an employee at a garment factory stated in her police complaint that her seven-year-old daughter was under the care of a nanny at the nanny’s house when the alleged rape occurred. The child used to be in the care of the nanny everyday until her mother returned from work, additional commissioner of police (law and order) Alok Kumar said.
On Friday Srinivasa alias Seena (28) the son of the nanny, a carpenter by profession, allegedly found the child alone at his residence and allegedly raped her. The victim told her mother about the incident when she returned from work. The child’s mother filed a police complaint on Tuesday after the mulling the issue for three days.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police who took up a case of rape under section 376 of the IPC and sections 3, 4 and 9 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) Act, 2012 arrested Srinivas. The accused has been also booked as anti-social rowdy element as mandated recently by the police for sexual offenders.
In another incident, a 13-year-old girl studying in class VII at a private school was allegedly raped by a 53-year-old small time employee at the Om Shakti temple in Kashinagar near the Kumaraswamy Layout in south Bangalore. The accused has been identified as Dhanakoti, a native of Tamil Nadu, Deputy Commissioner of Police (south division) H S Revanna said.
Police said that the victim was at her residence with her sister and a cousin when the incident took place on Tuesday night. The child’s parents had gone to a hospital to see a relative when the incident took place. The accused who is a neighbour allegedly fondled and sexually assaulted the child after spotting her alone in the living room of the house.
The child raised an alarm and the attacker allgedly fled the scene. The children then called their parents and informed them about the incident. The parents rushed back home and later filed a complaint at the Kumaraswamy Layout police station. The accused was subsequently arrested and sent to jail.