Despite campaigning for merely two days in the Bangalore South constituency and a few more in Dharwad, the leader of the right-wing Sri Rama Sene outfit Pramod Muttalik managed to attract enough attention towards himself and the BJP, whose leaders H N Ananth Kumar and Prahlad Joshi, he exclusively targeted in his campaign, while praising Narendra Modi.
Muttalik is contesting as an Independent in Bangalore South and Dharwad.
Muttalik, who filed his nomination from Bangalore South constituency through postal means, made a brief appearance in the Basavanagudi region of the constituency one morning after Cobrapost released its sting tapes on the Babri Masjid demolition.
In the first day of his campaigning in Bangalore, Muttalik handed over pamphlets of his achievements as a protector of Hindu culture to people at bus stops and tea shops – including a few college girls who seemed to recognize him as one of the men who was arrested for a Sri Rama Sene attack on women at a pub in Mangalore in 2009.
On the first day of campaigning, Muttalik turned vitriolic towards the BJP and accused the party he had been trying to get into just the week before of losing the stomach for fighting the Hindutva battle and abandoning the Ram Mandir and other temple issues for the sake of power.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Muttalik boasted on that first day of campaigning of being part of the group of people who demolished the Babri Masjid in 1992.
In the second round of campaigning in Bangalore South over the last weekend, Muttalik released two books targeting candidate Ananth Kumar — one linking Kumar to a Rs 14,000 crore Hudco scam and the second linking him with corporate lobbyist Nira Radia of the 2G fame.
The BJP filed a complaint before the Election Commission against Muttalik for making malicious and personalized attacks even as Muttalik claimed the books were based on common knowledge.