Releasing the Karnataka BJP’s ‘economic newsletter’ in Bangalore on Wednesday, senior party leader and former Union finance minister Yashwant Sinha said it wasn’t Manmohan Singh but ‘Monsoon Singh’ who deserves credit for the impressive growth in the agricultural sector during UPA rule.
The newsletter describes the Indian economic condition under UPA as a “struggling patient in the ICU”. “The vehicle of the Indian economy came to a halt during UPA rule,” Sinha said, adding that the current government is the most corrupt that India has ever known.
“All the major sectors where growth is a prerequisite to the nation’s economy are in distress. The agricultural sector is somewhat better not because of Manmohan Singh’s governance, but because of Monsoon Singh’s blessings,” he said.
Speaking against the Congress’ and the Third Front’s indecision about their prime ministerial candidates, Sinha said Narendra Modi, for the BJP, is an idea whose has time has come. “Modi is not a person. He is an idea. No power can stop him. He will become prime minister,” the BJP leader said.
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn