Releasing the Karnataka BJP’s ‘economic newsletter’ in Bangalore on Wednesday, senior party leader and former Union finance minister Yashwant Sinha said it wasn’t Manmohan Singh but ‘Monsoon Singh’ who deserves credit for the impressive growth in the agricultural sector during UPA rule.
The newsletter describes the Indian economic condition under UPA as a “struggling patient in the ICU”. “The vehicle of the Indian economy came to a halt during UPA rule,” Sinha said, adding that the current government is the most corrupt that India has ever known.
“All the major sectors where growth is a prerequisite to the nation’s economy are in distress. The agricultural sector is somewhat better not because of Manmohan Singh’s governance, but because of Monsoon Singh’s blessings,” he said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Speaking against the Congress’ and the Third Front’s indecision about their prime ministerial candidates, Sinha said Narendra Modi, for the BJP, is an idea whose has time has come. “Modi is not a person. He is an idea. No power can stop him. He will become prime minister,” the BJP leader said.