A group of people vandalised a resort on Friday morning on the outskirts of the city at Kalkere on Bannerghatta Road in protest against a death of a 10-year old boy in the swimming pool of the resort on Thursday evening.
The Bannerghatta police said they have registered a case of rioting against the group based on a complaint lodged by Ashok, a representative of Tulip Resort.
Police said Kumar Jagajiv, a resident of Wilson Garden and a daily wage labourer by profession, visited the resort on Thursday along with his wife and son Suryakanth to spend a holiday. Suryakanth was playing near the swimming pool in his parents’ absence around 4 pm. The couple started searching for their son after they noticed him missing. But soon after, they came to know that Suryakanth had drowned in the pool and died on the spot.
The resort management informed the Bannerghatta police, who rushed to the scene. “The parents do not wish to file a complaint about the incident and have requested for the body without autopsy. But, we convinced them and then registered an unnatural death case,” the police said.
The body had been handed over to the parents after the postmortem examination.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Later however, relatives and friends of Jagajiv provoked him to stage a protest against the resort.
A group of protesters attacked the resort around 9.30 am and damaged chairs, windows and other property.
Ashok, in-charge of the resort, filed a complaint with police about the incident. He alleges that around 27 people attacked the resort and damaged property worth Rs 25 lakh. The police have taken up a riot case and begun investigation.