A group of people vandalised a resort on Friday morning on the outskirts of the city at Kalkere on Bannerghatta Road in protest against a death of a 10-year old boy in the swimming pool of the resort on Thursday evening.
The Bannerghatta police said they have registered a case of rioting against the group based on a complaint lodged by Ashok, a representative of Tulip Resort.
Police said Kumar Jagajiv, a resident of Wilson Garden and a daily wage labourer by profession, visited the resort on Thursday along with his wife and son Suryakanth to spend a holiday. Suryakanth was playing near the swimming pool in his parents’ absence around 4 pm. The couple started searching for their son after they noticed him missing. But soon after, they came to know that Suryakanth had drowned in the pool and died on the spot.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The resort management informed the Bannerghatta police, who rushed to the scene. “The parents do not wish to file a complaint about the incident and have requested for the body without autopsy. But, we convinced them and then registered an unnatural death case,” the police said.
The body had been handed over to the parents after the postmortem examination.
Later however, relatives and friends of Jagajiv provoked him to stage a protest against the resort.
A group of protesters attacked the resort around 9.30 am and damaged chairs, windows and other property.
Ashok, in-charge of the resort, filed a complaint with police about the incident. He alleges that around 27 people attacked the resort and damaged property worth Rs 25 lakh. The police have taken up a riot case and begun investigation.