The Central Crime Branch (CCB) police in Bangalore have decided to send CCTV recordings of the pub brawl involving a legislator of the ruling Congress party that occurred at the Skyye Bar on July 1 to Forensic Science Labs in Hyderabad or Ahmedabad for analysis.
The decision was taken after a cyber forensic lab here said it could not retrieve the images that were stored using a Network Video Recorder (NVR) format by the CCTV system at the pub.
Congress legislator Vijayanand Kashappanavar and his supporters are being investigated by the CCB police for allegedly assaulting two police constables in a brawl at the pub that occurred when the policemen attempted to enforce a night life deadline at the pub.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Officials from the CCB said they sent the video recordings from the Skyye Bar to the Karnataka Cyber Police station but were informed that the cyber lab at the police state was not equipped to analyse the video footage recorded in NVR format.
“We have had a chat with both the Hyderabad and Ahmedabad FSLs regarding the matter and we will send the recording to one of them after we get permission from higher officials,” a police officer said.
Two police constables identified as Kiran Kumar and Prashanth Nayak were allegedly assaulted by Kashappanavar and his supporters, including a rowdy sheeter Some Gowda on the night of July 1 at the Skyye Bar where the MLA was celebrating his birthday. The constables filed a complaint about the incident and registered an FIR.
The issue disrupted the state Assembly for a couple of days when the opposition parties demanded the arrest of Kashappanavar who went missing after the incident. The MLA who resurfaced on Sunday has claimed that he did not assault anyone. He has also reportedly claimed that he is a teetotaller. He made himslef available for questioning on Monday. Meanwhile, the CCB questioned seven employees of the Skyye Bar on Wednesday in connection with the case against Kashappanavar.
“We served notice to Kashappanavar on Sunday after recording the statements of the policemen involved in the incident. The legislator appeared before us on Monday and we have recorded his statement. Further investigations are currently on,” a CCB police officer said. The CCB officer said that the police will serve notices on others who were present at the crime scene on July 1 including the MLA’s wife to record their statements as well.