ENERGY minister and senior Congress leader DK Shivakumar on Monday accused political rivals of trying to finish his career after he claimed to have caught two journalists attached to a private English news channel while they were allegedly attempting to carry out a sting operation by offering a bribe amount of Rs 5 lakh to clear a power project for them.
“I have been in social service for 30 years. My rivals are trying to finish my political career. Accepting or receiving a bribe is an offence. Two scribes, including a woman, tried to offer me a bribe by posing as representatives of a company,” Shivakumar alleged.
Sources close to Shivakumar said the journalists tried to catch him on camera. The two persons from a private channel had been meeting him over the past one week, he claimed.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Joint commissioner of police for law and order (east) K V Sharath Chandra confirmed the incident.