ENERGY minister and senior Congress leader DK Shivakumar on Monday accused political rivals of trying to finish his career after he claimed to have caught two journalists attached to a private English news channel while they were allegedly attempting to carry out a sting operation by offering a bribe amount of Rs 5 lakh to clear a power project for them.
“I have been in social service for 30 years. My rivals are trying to finish my political career. Accepting or receiving a bribe is an offence. Two scribes, including a woman, tried to offer me a bribe by posing as representatives of a company,” Shivakumar alleged.
Sources close to Shivakumar said the journalists tried to catch him on camera. The two persons from a private channel had been meeting him over the past one week, he claimed.
Joint commissioner of police for law and order (east) K V Sharath Chandra confirmed the incident.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016